The Gliftor Draken album for the 2015 RPM challenge. No songs and no singing. No microphones were used on anything that made the final cut.
Everything was recorded, edited, and mixed on a Linux system using a puny Intel Celeron 1037U CPU. Rather than dealing with latency, I used direct analog monitoring through a USB-connected Focusrite Scarlett 2I4. The software was usually Audacity, but I also used Ardour and built backing tracks in Hydrogen and LMMS. Guitars were recorded through either a Mesa/Boogie FormulaPre preamp with an Alesis Quadraverb 2 in the effects loop, or a Dave Smith Instruments Evolver synth/processor.